PANORAMIC SPECIALIZES IN INNOVATIVE, INFILL DEVELOPMENT
Panoramic Interests has been building high-density infill development projects in the Bay Area since 1990. Its work in downtown Berkeley and San Francisco includes 15 projects, adding more than a 1,000 new units of housing, and 100,000 square feet of commercial space.
The Berkeleyan Apartments, a mixed-use project built by Panoramic in 1998, was the first new rental housing project by private developer in downtown Berkeley since World War II.
From 2004-2007, Panoramic was the largest private landlord of UC Berkeley students. It also provided more affordable housing in its 7 mixed-use projects than the Berkeley Housing Authority. (In April 2007, it sold all its residential developments to the Equity Residential REIT, in the largest real estate transaction in Berkeley’s history.)
THE FIRM EMBRACES NEW IDEAS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Panoramic installed the first independently accessed, stacked, parking lifts in a commercial development in the U.S. (1995). It was the first developer to incorporate on-premises City CarShare in its buildings (2001). It also built the first car-free, high-rise micro-apartment project in the U.S. (2015). All of its rental projects have rooftop gardens, energy-efficient designs, and ground floor retail space reserved for local businesses.
Panoramic has spent the last nine years designing and developing stylish and efficient urban housing called CITYSPACES®. The design ethos can be summarized in three words: More in Less.
Five new projects are in progress:
- CITYSPACES® MicroPAD® (Prefab Affordable Dwelling) is a steel modular dwelling, specifically designed to meet the needs of homeless people. The 160 SF units have a private kitchen and bath, 9 ft ceilings, large windows for natural light & ventilation, engineered soundproofing, and state-of-the-art seismic design and fire-safety.
- CITYSPACES® 333: City Gardens is a 200-unit apartment project at the western edge of SoMa, adjacent to the Mission District in San Francisco. This development is currently under construction, and upon completion, it will have 102 Duos (2-bedroom apts) and 98 Suites (4-bedroom apts). The project is car-free, and a model of Ultralight Urbanism®.
- CITYSPACES® 2539: The Panoramic is a car-free infill project located in the Southside of UC Berkeley campus; it will have 70 apartments and a cafe.
- CITYSPACES® 2711: Shattuck Studios, a 22-unit four-story car-free project, and is the first all-steel modular construction in the U.S.. This development was completed in September 2018; the efficiently designed spaces are a 10-minute walk from downtown Berkeley & the UC Berkeley Campus.
- CITYSPACES® 500 Kirkham is a mixed-use apartment project located next to the West Oakland BART station; it will have 1,032 apartments, 60,000 SF landscaped area, 27,667 SF flex space for small local businesses, 19,400 SF community gathering space/pedestrian alleys, 13,468 SF commercial/retail spaces, and 12,400 SF public open space/pop-up retail.